Let your hopes, not your hurts, shape your future. - Robert H. Schuller
Many of us have hoped for the time when we could worship in person in the sanctuary. That hope can be partly realized tomorrow at 1:00 p.m. That is when Shaun, Sunny, John Foster (videographer) and I meet in the sanctuary to video record the worship service. And, it is my last Sunday in the pulpit. We will be celebrating the Lord’s Last Supper. You are invited to join us. But the session and worship committee invites you to follow these guidelines.
- If you are not feeling well, please remain at home.
- If your health is compromised (COPD, diabetes, medical treatments that lower your immunity, for example), you are advised to remain at home.
- People over 65 are at more risk. Of course, I, your pastor, am over 65; but I will be safely distanced from everyone.
- Wear a mask to and throughout the service.
- Enter through the Swissvale Street door.
- There will be two cans of spray disinfectant (that meets guidelines) in the back of the church and paper towels. Please disinfect your seating area.
- Sit in the back few rows of the sanctuary – at least 6 feet apart.
- There will be no congregational singing.
- We will be serving communion. The bread and cup will be available for you to pick up when you enter and take to the pew with you. You will be invited to consume the elements at the appropriate time in the service.
- No handshaking or physical touching.
Hope in God is the only certainty people of faith have in times of uncertainty. May your hope be rekindled every morning and throughout the day.